SAVING FOR THE NEW YEAR

Happy New Year!

Friends I hope the New Year will bring you many blessings.  I've decided I need to Save this year.  Boys howdy, do I!  Here's a list, it's not complete but will be a work in progress.

I want to save scripture, and hide it in my heart, so I'll have when I need it.

I want to remember  the good times, so when times are not so good I will have them to remind me and help me go on.

I want to save time, and stop squandering something that goes too fast, so I'll use my time for good for others when I can.

I want to develop some good habits, and let others fall by the wayside.

I want to save my money for the right things, and let go of excess baggage, buying stuff I don't really need.

I want to save myself some heartache, and tell people I love them now, and not live with regrets later because I didn't tell them.

I want to save many words, because not everything needs to be said, and listening well is an art.

I want the Lord to lead me, instead of being headstrong and heading down my own path, wandering around in the wilderness.

I want to offer encouragement, not discouragement, and save other people tears and pain.

I want to make this year the very best I can, and as much as possible live in peace with others.  I want to save my hope, and not let doubt and fear rule my life.

I want to save my joy, it is too precious to waste.

You get the idea, save all you can, lose what you need to, spread the good, and not the bad.  Keep looking up, and remember Jesus loves you!


Comments

Dog Trot Farm said…
Very well written Annie...have no regrets, lend a hand, stay positive and be grateful...A new year, a blank slate, take advantage of all the new year has to offer...
moosecraft said…
So many words of true wisdom! Thank you for summarizing it so well! :-)
Happy New Year!
YES! and get a good notebook and pen. -smile-
Happy New Year to you and yours, Annie.
Faye Henry said…
Wonderful !! Happy New Year, dear friend. xo
Laura Lane said…
Well spoken. May you save all you can and discard all you should.
Jesus be the center of it all in your life I pray!
I do hope this is your very best year yet. I shall pray for you as soon as I hit publish. God is yet good.
Laura Lane
Harvest Lane Cottage
This was GREAT! Very inspiring for the new year.

I liked your ending: "save all you can, lose what you need to, spread the good, and not the bad. Keep looking up, and remember Jesus loves you!"

Have a wonderful 2016 ~ FlowerLady
Julia said…
Thanks for the great words of wisdom for the New Year Annie. I can really try to apply this to my life.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
Wishing you God's Choicest Blessings for the New Year.
Hugs,
JB
Farmhouse prims said…
Annie, your post is so beautiful, what an inspiration. I want to be like that too. Happy New Year, hugs, Lecia
Mum said…
That's wonderful and has set me up for the New Year. A Happy New Year to you.
xx
I love this too! What a great way to start the year or even the day today! Spread the good! YAY! Happy New year! Hugs, Diane
Felicia said…
Happy New Year Annie.

Lots of wonderful things to save.
Thank you so much for your comment on my scrumble-art blog it was kind of you.
I shall be posting more as time goes by and I hope you get some inspiration to make something for yourself.
Briony
x

Popular Posts